Saturday, April 2, 2016

Security Synonyms: Planning, Preparedness & Perspective - Take One



 
The passing of Andrew Grove hit me personally.  Not that I ever met him, but I quoted his words of wisdom each time I gave a motivational address to professionals in legal, financial planning and accounting services:  “You need to plan the way a fire department plans.  It cannot anticipate fires, so it has to shape a flexible organization that is capable of responding to unpredictable events.”  Years back, in the aftermath of my family’s tragedy, via platform speaking, I prepared professionals to steward their clients through “the unthinkable” - and to do so with clarity, compassion and responsibility.  In other words, keeping their eye on the ball as others panic, grieve and recover.  In this spirit, on Friday 1 April,  2016, I was especially moved to interview Security Professional and ASIS International, Southern CT Chapter’s Co-Chair, Lex Giannini, on practical planning for the real issues at stake during a terrorist attack, natural disaster, or other crisis with human casualties.  Do stay tuned as I share Mr. Giannini’s insights in this space via excerpts over the next weeks.  This interview has resonance for us in our professional, community and family roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment